When it comes to shoes for nurses, you have very many comfortable options to select from. Since your job will involve you standing for very long hours, sometimes even going up to a full day, as well as constant movement, you owe it to yourself to have a pair of shoes that you can always rely on at work. Getting the right shoes might be a process, but it is worth it because of the value of constantly staying stable while working.
With that said, you might see crocs being a standard feature for many nurses in various hospitals, mainly because they are some of the most comfortable options to wear. However, this raises a question: are they good shoes in the nursing field? Do they promote the health of your feet? Or are they simply comfortable? We will discuss that in this article.
History of the crocs
Crocs are new shoes when compared to other options, as their history dates back to only 2002 through the founders George Boedecker Jr. and Lyndon Hanson. Their initial purpose was for boating, thanks to their waterproof tendency and non-slip treads, with the initial design taking the form of clogs before the current design came in.
They are widely popular throughout the world today, as recent estimates show that more than 300 million have been sold in almost 100 countries.
best crocs for nurses
Crocs are the preference of every nurse and doctor to stay safe in every medical situation. Every individual has different requirements and there are a variety of crocs styles to choose from. Here is a list of the 15 best crocs for nurses and health workers. By considering its features and merits you can pick the best 1 for you.
Crocs Women’s Neria Pro Embellished Crocs
The product is recommended for relaxation and ultimate comfort. They offer thick cushioning in heels and toes to protect you around a slick environment.
The product is waterproof, seamless, and easy to wipe whenever required. Their design includes washable, removable, and arch-supporting croslite foam. They come in various patterns, colors, and sizes. Take a look at their unique and priceless features to know why they are number 1 on this list.
- Thicker banding protects the feet from anything dropped on your crocs.
- Due to their extra cushion, you can wear them 24*7.
- You can work freely because the crocs are slip-resistant.
On-the-clock crocs for nurses
For a work-appropriate version of crocs classic clog, you can go for crocs-on-the-clock clog work shoes for nurses. With enclosed heels and slip-resistant threads, they are an enhanced version of the original clog. They come in 4 different colors and can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
- They include enclosed heels and anti-slip treads.
- Their relaxed design easily fits your feet.
- Their comfort footbed combines cushioning with arch support. Consequently, it provides 24*7 comfort.
full review: Crocs On The Clock Work Clog
Crocs Bistro Graphic Slip Resistant
The product is perfect for nurses who prefer wider shoes while working. They come in a classic style to protect your feet. For this purpose, the croslite foam cushioning works along with countered footbed.
They are perfect if you need to regularly sanitize your footwear. They are available from sizes 6-17 and come in 12 different patterns.
- They can be easily and regularly sanitized by soap and water.
- A contoured footbed along with the croslite foam is capable to provides comfort 24*7.
full review: Crocs Bistro Graphics Slip Resistant Review
Croc’s Women’s Mercy Work Nurse Shoes
They have a slingback design for relaxed working. Besides slipping, it protects you from dangerous needle sticks. They provide inside arch support to your feet and for all-around comfort they work with the footbed. They come in a size range from 4-12 and in 5 different colors.
- The product is super flexible and comfortable.
- For additional safety on the wet surfaces, anti-slip traction is added.
- A croslite foam provides arch support for day-long comfort.
Crocs Women Felicity Clogs
They are perfect for those who work on their feet all day. They offer a combination of support and comfort for tired feet. They are waterproof and provide enhanced support for the foot’s arch. A removable insole is included with this footwear to protect your feet.
- They are available in 4 different colors and a size range of 4-11.
- They are fully molded and capable to protect your feet.
- They provide enhanced cushioning and arch support.
full review: Crocs Women’s Felicity Clog
Crocs Literide Pacer Sneaker Shoes
They provide you with enhanced comfort because they are lightweight and athletic-style shoes. They allow you to fit them as required. For increased comfort, they also include a lite ride foam insole.
- Crocs lite ride pacer is available in 18 different colors.
- They come in the size range of 11. So, you can easily find the one that meets your expectations.
- For an effortless and weightless ride, they are designed in a sneaker style.
- Improved impact protection.
- They provide you comfort to wear them during your long working hours.
Crocs Women Literide Mesh Lace
These athletic-style shoes are designed for everyday wear. Besides nurses, they are also preferred by other medical professionals. With lite ride technology, your feet will be able to last longer on lengthy shifts.
- They are offered in black and white colors.
- They have increased durability.
- It offers you extra comfort. Moreover, increases the airflow around your feet.
full review: Crocs Women LiteRide Mesh Lace Nursing Shoes Review
Crocs Unisex Mammoth EVO Lined Clog
They are perfect during a cold night. Besides being comfortable, they are capable to keep your feet warm at the same time. Their outer side offers a refined shape. On the same token, their upper part is designed with synthetic lining.
Due to this lining feature, they can be easily folded and offers you secure fitness. They are light weighted and a good alternative to a freely walk-in clinic or a hospital.
- Waterproof with 100% synthetic soul.
- Comfortable foot pad
- Attractive heel cup
full review: Crocs Unisex Mammoth EVO Lined Clog Review
Crocs Unisex-Adult Bistro Graphic Clog
They are made with standard rubber materials. Its materials are imported and they are beyond comfortable. They are designed to provide durable support to health workers and nurses.
These surgical shoes are perfect for both men and women. The graphic clog is slip-resistant to make a strong grip on the floor. Consequently, it avoids any unwanted accidents.
- Light and easy to clean
- High-quality synthetic sole
- Its design is perfect for nurses
full review: Crocs Unisex Adult Bistro Graphic Clog Review
Crocs Classic American Flag Clog
This versatile footwear provides both comfort and durability. Due to its patriotic design, the product is light-weighted, comfortable, and brought revolution worldwide.
They are made with standard croslite materials and are perfect for the workplace and celebrations. Its colorful star design ensures durability and encourages you to wear them for a long time.
- Versatile and colorful
- Vibrant and handmade
- Water-friendly and flexible
- Easy to dry
full review: Crocs Classic American Flag Clogs Review
Crocs Classic Clog
These classic and comfortable crocs are made with croslite materials. They help the nurses to spend any shift comfortably. They are easy to wear and have breathable ventilation ports.
This durable footwear is a great alternative for the beach, pool, gym, walking, or even gardening.
- Imported synthetic soul
- Easy to dry
full review: Crocs Unisex – Classic Clogs Review
Crocs Classic Sparkly Clog
The product has brought a comfort revolution worldwide. These crocs are listed as one of the best crocs for nurses and hospital staff. In addition to it, they are also recommended for water sports and wet surfaces.
Their croslite foam and flexible material encourage the nurses to wear them daily. Its metallic feature makes it the most popular choice among them.
- Comfortable and offers metallic features.
- Synthetic sole
- Best for daily use and special occasions
full review: Crocs Classic Sparkle Clog Review
Crocs Unisex- Adult Classic Clog
They are comfortable for both men and women. These crocs are made with synthetic soles and authentic rubber material. They have breathable ports and are easy to put on/off. They are different from others because they are made with durable materials.
- Besides being versatile, they are colorful.
- Affordable prices.
- Breathable with unique rubber materials.
full review: Crocs Unisex – Classic Clogs Review
Crocs Women’s Neria Pro II Embellished Clog
They are the most loveable and super comfortable footwear. They face several criticisms from clients due to their simple design.
This footwear is made with a supportive foam insole. They are slip-resistant to avoid any unwanted accidents and injuries. Besides nurses, they are the top-selling shoes for the healthcare staff. This is because its thick construction protects your feet from spills. They are designed for women and prove as amazing kitchen, nursing, and chef shoes.
- Arch support
Crocs Women’s Classic Graphic Clog
All of its materials and elements are imported from the USA. You can wear this comfortable pair professionally or casually. They are available on market in a variety of colors and styles.
Its breathable ports keep your foot cool. Whereas, its durable outsole prevents them from dirt and stain.
- Secure fit
- Stylish patterns
- Cushioned footbed
- Imported materials
full review: Crocs Women’s Classic Graphic Clog Review
Key Features to be Considered Before Buying the best crocs for nurses
Nurses play the role of superheroes because they have to stand all day on their feet. Several points are essential to be considered while buying the best crocs for nurses. Some of these factors are described below –
- Material – They are the most important part of a croc. It is recommended to choose a croc of rubber and leather. For a profitable deal, concentrate on the material of crocs that can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth or wipes.
- Design – Crocs are available in various designs, colors and offer unique features. However, the major objective of all is to keep your feet dehydrated. In addition to it, check whether they are liquid resistant or not?
- Comfort – Nurses are required to spend hours on their feet. Moreover, they walk for miles each day. For this purpose, light-weighted crocs are to be preferred over heavy footwear. For the best comfort, try a larger croc because a smaller one can make your feet hot.
- Slip-Resistance – Before buying any crocs pair this factor is to be critically considered. In hospitals, the nurses have to walk over the wet surface. To avoid any accidents, it’s essential to wear slip-resistant shoes. Crocs are a perfect alternative to save you from slipping on floors and wet surfaces.
- Size – Crocs are your best friend that will remain 12 hours (each day) with you. So, size is an essential factor that you can’t avoid. Nurses understand it well, that their comfort depends on selecting the big size of crocs.
- Ventilation – Needless to say, fungus and germs may prove harmful to your skin. Proper ventilation keeps them away and makes you feel comfortable for a long time. So, prefer the crocks that are breathable, ventilated, and don’t allow bacteria or other infections to harm your feet.
What attributes of crocs for nurses should you look at?
In the absence of crocs, there are certain attributes to look for in a good pair of nursing shoes. They include excellent comfort levels, non-slip qualities, and the cushioning it gives your foot while you are doing your work. Here is a short breakdown of these features.
When you have a good pair of crocs nursing shoes, they will fit your feet properly and offer you excellent support – something that is essential for the job you do. You need to wear those that relieve stress on your feet, but also offer support for the knees and back, as your job requires you to be on your feet for many hours in a day. Also, it will help your blood circulation in your feet if you wear compression socks as well.
The safety aspect
Since you are constantly moving around attending to patients and doing other activities such as helping surgeons during surgeries, you will need to wear crocs
shoes that promote your safety – for the sake of your patients. The floors in hospitals tend to be slippery as well, so accidents are quite dangerous for everyone involved, and you need shoes that give you a good grip.
This is also very important, as it will reduce the stress on your arches, spine, and back and provide you with much-needed support. You will have less pain and concentrate more on the work you are doing without feeling unnecessary discomfort in the body.
The advantage of crocs is that they are a lightweight option – something that you always need if you are wearing nursing shoes. They also have extra room in the toe box, which ensures they remain as comfortable as possible throughout the day and will give you some extra padding to protect the feet.
Based on all this, crocs are a very comfortable option as they satisfy the criteria above, which makes them quite a popular choice among many nurses. They are also straightforward to wear and give you plenty of stability, durability, and safety that you always need in your work shoes. Not all nurses will wear them, though, since they are not mandatory.
Disadvantages of crocs
- They are not suitable for people with narrow feet since the foot moves around in the shoe, and this can lead to accidents such as sprains. Instead, they are better options for those with wide feet.
- Their loose fit is significant in some instances, but they can also cause accidents because you can trip and fall while wearing them (which is why you cannot wear them when doing very intense activities such as hiking).
What makes crocs shoes popular?
They also have solid backing from the American Podiatric Medical Association, as well as the US Ergonomics Council. According to the company, the shoe compensates in therapeutic benefits that it lacks in aesthetics, as it works on eliminating achy feet and plantar pain. They also assist you if you struggle with injuries on your feet, diabetes, or bunions, as well as other foot problems.
Their lightweight nature also makes them quite popular, as many doctors recommend=d the shoes to their patients in the healing stages. Thanks to the roomy toe box that they have, they can help individuals who have deformities in the foot bones, and specialty crops such as Rx Crocs have an antibacterial material in their lining that prevents bacterial and fungal infections.
People living with diabetes can also benefit, as they have problems with blood circulation in their feet. Because of this, they have a higher risk of developing wound infections and open sores, so the antibacterial properties and extra roominess of crocs help to deal with such issues.
Even though the APMA has endorsed the shoes officially, not everyone has signed up regarding the benefits they have.
Many doctors say that crocs have many positive attributes, but they should not be used as substitutes for real shoes. In most cases, they are great for short-term activities, such as wearing them in the house or going to the shop, but not as a general-purpose type of shoe that you can wear everywhere.
However, in regards to nursing, they are excellent shoes as they help you tread hospital floors with ease – and you likely know how tricky it can become to walk on these floors without the risk of slipping.
Crocs are surgical shoes that provide durable support to every individual related to hospitality and healthcare. They are most wanted for nurses because they help to remain active in every situation. Moreover, prevent their feet from hospital wet floors, medical chemicals, and germs. In addition to nurses, they are also recommended for some specific patients.
This footwear provides maximum space for your toes and keeps them safe from injuries. Wearing socks with your crocs is not a good idea. They are a pair of sandals with a lot of holes to keep your feet cool. If you wear socks with them then they will block the air.
If your footwears are not comfortable then an 8-hour nursing job will give you the feeling of 16 hours. Therefore, every nurse needs to have comfortable and durable footwear. The above-mentioned best crocs for nurses will help you to reduce your back pain, leg pain, and job stress. Some top qualities of crocs include – durability, grip, and ergonomics.
From a variety of brands, colors, shapes, and styles, it is difficult to choose the best crocs for you. However, if you consider the above-mentioned factors, you can select a perfect, stylish and comfortable croc for you.
Some nurses have to pay for their crocs. On the same token, some public hospitals don’t charge anything for them. So, whether they are free for nurses or not depends on the case.