Crocs are perfect for recreational activities and professional use. They are available in several colors and designs. Moreover, provide you an unforgettable experience.
They are made up of rubber produced by adding sulfur, plastic, and carbon. Crops are soft, fire, and water-resistant. Moreover, used in various industries because they are strong enough to decompose.
They are also environmentally friendly and they worth their cost. Crocs are stylish and good for your feet. For ventilation, some nurses are not in favor of wearing socks with crocs. On the same token, some nurses like to wear socks with crocs. So, wearing it or not depends on your comfort level.
10 Reasons why crocs are the best alternative for nurses-
They are designed for hard-working nurses because crocs are capable to eliminate pain. These light-weighted shoes are recommended for patients with foot problems. In addition to nurses, crocs are a perfect alternative for diabetes patients. This is because they have low circulation in their feet.
In the nursing profession, an individual is required to spend his majority of time on his feet. It puts a lot of load on the back, hips, feet, and calves. So, to get rid of this pain a majority of nurses use crocs.
They are slip-resistant, provides great support, comfort, and durability. Imagine, if a nurse removed her shoes and she got an emergency call. How much time will be wasted in wearing the shoes again? Crocs can be worn in a few seconds. Consequently, it can save you valuable time and effort.
In addition to it, they are slip-resistant and help the nurse to reach them faster and freely. They have the seal of APMA that highlights they are good for ankle care.
- Cushion –Its cushion base is promising and loved by nurses. The material is soft, straight up, and secure. As a nurse, you are required to carry and support your patients. Wearing unsupportive shoes can give you extra stress. For nurses, they are perfect because they provide excellent support and protect their feet and spine.
- Comfort – Don’t you think that your footwear must be comfortable while working on a 12-hour shift? Yes, and only support crocs are capable to provide you this comfort. In brief, they are a mixture of both comfort and support. On the one hand, you appreciate comfort. On the same token, your feet appreciate the support.
- Back pain – A majority of nurses suffer from injuries because of carrying heavy equipment or patients. In 2011, the US hospital reported more than 16000 cases of musculoskeletal injuries. Wearing appropriate footwear like crocs can avoid back pain and several other health issues.
- Breathable – As compared to boots they are open and protect your feet from becoming overheated. Having an overheated foot increases the risk of numerous infections.
- Durable – As stated above they are made from quality rubber, so they last for longer. They are durable and don’t lose their smart appearance with time. Moreover, can retain their shape for longer.
- Easy to clean – Contaminants damage the appearance of your footwear. As they are made up of rubber you can clean them easily. While working in a hospital, nurses can splash liquid or water on their crocs. Cleaning rubber is not a big deal. You can do it with a wet cloth and it will dry in a few minutes.
- No laces – This is the biggest perk why they are preferred by the nurses. During surgery, you can’t see whether your laces are tied or not. Consequently, it can give birth to any big accident. Crocs because of this feature make you feel free during your duty.
- Easy to wear and kicked – The nurses need to remain extra careful regarding what they are touching with their hands. For avoiding germs and infections, wearing crocs doesn’t require the support of your hand. Similarly, after giving your duty you can kick them in a locker without touching them.
- Protection – They are opened to keeping your feet cool. On the same token, packed from the front for protection.
- Reducing stress –Your stress level is reduced by wearing supportive, comfortable, and breathable footwear. Nevertheless, nursing is a stressful occupation where it’s essential to reduce stress.
15 Crocs for Nurses –
Crocs are the preference of every nurse and doctor to stay safe in every medical situation. Every individual has different requirements and there are a variety of crocs styles to choose from. Here is a list of the 15 best crocs for nurses and health workers. By considering its features and merits you can pick the best 1 for you.
#1. Crocs Women’s Neria Pro Embellished Crocs–
The product is recommended for relaxation and ultimate comfort. They offer thick cushioning in heels and toes to protect you around a slick environment.
The product is waterproof, seamless, and easy to wipe whenever required. Their design includes washable, removable, and arch-supporting croslite foam. They come in various patterns, colors, and sizes. Take a look at their unique and priceless features to know why they are number 1 on this list.
- Thicker banding protects the feet from anything dropped on your crocs.
- Due to their extra cushion, you can wear them 24*7.
- You can work freely because the crocs are slip-resistant.
#2. On-the-clock crocs for nurses –
For a work-appropriate version of crocs classic clog, you can go for crocs-on-the-clock clog work shoes for nurses. With enclosed heels and slip-resistant threads, they are an enhanced version of the original clog. They come in 4 different colors and can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
- They include enclosed heels and anti-slip treads.
- Their relaxed design easily fits your feet.
- Their comfort footbed combines cushioning with arch support. Consequently, it provides 24*7 comfort.
#3. Crocs Bistro Graphic Slip Resistant –
The product is perfect for nurses who prefer wider shoes while working. They come in a classic style to protect your feet. For this purpose, the croslite foam cushioning works along with countered footbed.
They are perfect if you need to regularly sanitize your footwear. They are available from sizes 6-17 and comes in 12 different patterns.
- They can be easily and regularly sanitized by soap and water.
- A contoured footbed along with the croslite foam is capable to provides comfort 24*7.
#4. Croc’s Women’s Mercy Work Nurse Shoes–
They have a slingback design for relaxed working. Besides slipping, it protects you from dangerous needle sticks. They provide inside arch support to your feet and for all-around comfort they work with the footbed. They come in a size range from 4-12 and in 5 different colors.
- The product is super flexible and comfortable.
- For additional safety on the wet surfaces, anti-slip traction is added.
- A croslite foam provides arch support for day-long comfort.
#5. Crocs Women Felicity Clogs for Nurses –
They are perfect for those who work on their feet all day. They offer a combination of support and comfort for tired feet. They are waterproof and provides enhanced support for the foot’s arch. A removable insole is included with this footwear to protect your feet.
- They are available in 4 different colors and a size range of 4-11.
- They are fully molded and capable to protect your feet.
- They provide enhanced cushioning and arch support.
#6. Crocs Literide Pacer Sneaker Shoes for Nurses–
They provide you enhanced comfort because they are lightweight and athletic-style shoes. They allow you to fit them as required. For increased comfort, they also include a lite ride foam insole.
- Crocs lite ride pacer is available in 18 different colors.
- They come in the size range of 11. So, you can easily find the one that meets your expectations.
- For an effortless and weightless ride, they are designed in a sneaker style.
- Improved impact protection.
- They provide you comfort to wear them during your long working hours.
#7. Crocs Women Literide Mesh Lace Nursing Shoes –
These athletic-style shoes are designed for everyday wear. Besides nurses, they are also preferred by other medical professionals. With lite ride technology, your feet will be able to last longer on lengthy shifts.
- They are offered in black and white colors.
- They have increased durability.
- It offers you extra comfort. Moreover, increases the airflow around your feet.
#8. Crocs Unisex Mammoth EVO Lined Clog–
They are perfect during a cold night. Besides comfortable, they are capable to keep your feet warm at the same time. Their outer side offers a refined shape. On the same token, their upper part is designed with synthetic lining.
Due to this lining feature, they can be easily folded and offers you secure fitness. They are light weighted and a good alternative to a freely walk-in clinic or a hospital.
- Waterproof with 100% synthetic soul.
- Comfortable foot pad
- Attractive heel cup
#9. Crocs Unisex-Adult Bistro Graphic Clog –
They are made with standard rubber materials. Its materials are imported and they are beyond comfortable. They are designed to provide durable support to health workers and nurses.
These surgical shoes are perfect for both men and women. The graphic clog is slip-resistant to make a strong grip on the floor. Consequently, it avoids any unwanted accidents.
- Light and easy to clean
- High-quality synthetic sole
- Its design is perfect for nurses
#10. Crocs Classic American Flag Clog –
This versatile footwear provides both comfort and durability. Due to its patriotic design, the product is light-weighted, comfortable, and brought revolution worldwide.
They are made with standard croslite materials and are perfect for the workplace and celebrations. Its colorful star design ensures durability and encourages you to wear them for a long time.
- Versatile and colorful
- Vibrant and handmade
- Water-friendly and flexible
- Easy to dry
#11. Crocs Classic Clog –
These classic and comfortable crocs are made with croslite materials. They help the nurses to spend any shift comfortably. They are easy to wear and have breathable ventilation ports.
This durable footwear is a great alternative for the beach, pool, gym, walking, or even gardening.
- Imported synthetic soul
- Easy to dry
#12. Crocs Classic Sparkly Clog –
The product has brought a comfort revolution worldwide. These crocs are listed as one of the best crocs for nurses and hospital staff. In addition to it, they are also recommended for water sports and wet surfaces.
Their croslite foam and flexible material encourage the nurses to wear them daily. Its metallic feature makes it the most popular choice among them.
- Comfortable and offers metallic features.
- Synthetic sole
- Best for daily use and special occasions
#13. Crocs Unisex- Adult Classic Clog –
They are comfortable for both men and women. These crocs are made with synthetic soles and authentic rubber material. They have breathable ports and are easy to put on/off. They are different from others because they are made with durable materials.
- Besides versatile, they are colorful.
- Affordable prices.
- Breathable with unique rubber materials.
#14. Crocs Women’s Neria Pro II Embellished Clog –
They are the most loveable and super comfortable footwear. They face several criticisms from clients due to their simple design.
This footwear is made with a supportive foam insole. They are slip-resistant to avoid any unwanted accidents and injuries. Besides nurses, they are the top-selling shoes for the healthcare staff. This is because its thick construction protects your feet from spills. They are designed for women and prove as amazing kitchen, nursing, and chef shoes.
- Arch support
#15. Crocs Women’s Classic Graphic Clog –
All of its materials and elements are imported from the USA. You can wear this comfortable pair professionally or casually. They are available on market in a variety of colors and styles.
Its breathable ports keep your foot cool. Whereas, its durable outsole prevents them from dirt and stain.
- Secure fit
- Stylish patterns
- Cushioned footbed
- Imported materials
Key Features to be Considered Before Buying Nursing Shoes-
Nurses play the role of superheroes because they have to stand all day on their feet. Several points are essential to be considered while buying the best crocs for nurses. Some of these factors are described below –
- Material – They are the most important part of a croc. It is recommended to choose a croc of rubber and leather. For a profitable deal, concentrate on the material of crocs that can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth or wipes.
- Design – Crocs are available in various designs, colors and offer unique features. However, the major objective of all is to keep your feet dehydrated. In addition to it, check whether they are liquid resistant or not?
- Comfort – Nurses are required to spend hours on their feet. Moreover, they walk for miles each day. For this purpose, light-weighted crocs are to be preferred over heavy footwear. For the best comfort, try a larger croc because a smaller one can make your feet hot.
- Slip-Resistance – Before buying any crocs pair this factor is to be critically considered. In hospitals, the nurses have to walk over the wet surface. To avoid any accidents, it’s essential to wear slip-resistant shoes. Crocs are a perfect alternative to save you from slipping on floors and wet surfaces.
- Size – Crocs are your best friend that will remain 12 hours (each day) with you. So, size is an essential factor that you can’t avoid. Nurses understand it well, that their comfort depends on selecting the big size of crocs.
- Ventilation – Needless to say, fungus and germs may prove harmful to your skin. Proper ventilation keeps them away and makes you feel comfortable for a long time. So, prefer the crocks that are breathable, ventilated, and don’t allow bacteria or other infections to harm your feet.
Final Thoughts –
Crocs are surgical shoes that provide durable support to every individual related to hospitality and healthcare. They are most wanted for nurses because they help to remain active in every situation. Moreover, prevent their feet from hospital wet floors, medical chemicals, and germs. In addition to nurses, they are also recommended for some specific patients.
This footwear provides maximum space for your toes and keeps them safe from injuries. Wearing socks with your crocs is not a good idea. They are a pair of sandals with a lot of holes to keep your feet cool. If you wear socks with them then they will block the air.
If your footwears are not comfortable then an 8-hour nursing job will give you the feeling of 16 hours. Therefore, every nurse needs to have comfortable and durable footwear. The above-mentioned best crocs for nurses will help you to reduce your back pain, leg pain, and job stress. Some top qualities of crocs include – durability, grip, and ergonomics.
From a variety of brands, colors, shapes, and styles, it is difficult to choose the best crocs for you. However, if you consider the above-mentioned factors, you can select a perfect, stylish and comfortable croc for you.
Some nurses have to pay for their crocs. On the same token, some public hospitals don’t charge anything for them. So, whether they are free for nurses or not depends on the case.