With millions of products on the internet, it often gets pretty frustrating to choose something that matches your budget and requirements. The same is the case for walking shoes. A single search on any reputable eCommerce platform would bring up millions of shoes from reputable brands. Are you finding it difficult to filter out something ideal for you? Here’s the good news! Today we are going to discuss walking shoes from one of the most reputable shoe brands in the world. These shoes are called New Balance women’s WW577 walking shoes. Let’s quickly go through its specs and features.
These shoes are made up of 100% leather, while the soles are made up of synthetic rubber. Unlike other products from New Balance, these are manufactured in the US. WW577 shoes come in 3 different colors; black, white, and bone.
Some of the most prominent features of these walking shoes are;
- Leather upper that ensures durability
- A thick layer of cushion on the footbed
- Straps for adjustable fitting
The first version of these shoes came out almost a decade ago and since then, these shoes have been one of the best-selling walking shoes in the market.
Now that we’ve discussed the specifications of New Balance women’s WW577 walking shoes, it’s time to discuss some of its pros and cons
Pros and Cons
Here’s are some positive factors about these shoes:
- Adjustable fitting: These shoes contain double straps which can be used to adjust the fitting. It’s much more convenient than lace closure and provides a better grip.
- Multiple sizes: New Balance Women’s WW577 Walking Shoes come in 56 different sizes. So it’s no longer an issue if you are worried about not finding the right fit. The sizes cover almost all foot types and age groups.
- Pure Leather: The upper layer of these shoes is made up of pure leather which will ensure their durability and longevity.
- Shock absorption: This feature reduces foot stress while jogging, running, and jumping. No matter how hard you go on your feet, these shoes are guaranteed to keep your feet comfortable and reduce the risk of foot strain.
- Trusted brand: New Balance is an American shoe company that started in 1906. That’s right, they have been in the shoe business for over a century. No wonder they are recognized as one of the best shoe companies in the world. Their products are loved by millions of users around the globe and they are known for their high-quality items.
Here are a few negative things about New Balance Women’s WW577 walking shoes.
- Expensive: These shoes start with a price tag of $49 which is a bit more than what most buyers are willing to spend. New Balance Women’s WW577 Walking Shoes may not be the best option if you’re on a budget and worried about spending a bank.
- Comes in only 3 colors: These shoes come in only 3 colors; black, white and bone. Whereas, shoes from other brands in the same price range can offer a wide range of color options. This can be a big turn-off for many potential buyers.
- Unwashable: These shoes are not suitable for water-wash. Washing them would result in deteriorating the quality and looks.
- Not slip resistant: Buyers complained that the shoes are not slip-resistant. Some even slipped off on wet surfaces which resulted in minor injuries. You must be very careful while running in these shoes and try to avoid tiled or other slippery surfaces.
- Sizing issues: Some buyers complained that they received the incorrect size and when they tried asking for a refund, the customer support wasn’t very helpful. To avoid this problem, always make sure to get in touch with the seller and discuss the sizing details before placing the order.
- Heavyweight: As mentioned on the sales page, the pair of New Balance women’s WW577 walking shoes weighs around 1.7 pounds. This is a bit more than the average weight of walking shoes which is 1.6 pounds. This heavyweight may affect your walking speed and may cause extra stress on your feet.
Frequently asked questions
Q. How much do these shoes weigh?
As mentioned on the sales page, the pair of New Balance women’s WW577 walking shoes weigh roughly 1.7 pounds. This is a bit more than the average weight of walking shoes which is 1.6 pounds.
Q. Where are these shoes made?
Almost all New Balance products are manufactured in China. However, the sales page indicates that WW577 walking shoes are manufactured in the US.
Q. Are these shoes suitable for hiking?
No! These shoes are not meant to be used for hiking since they lack some fundamental elements that are required for hiking, such as; slip-resistance, shock absorption, and lightweight. Using these shoes for hiking may result in an injury.
Q. What’s the refund policy for New Balance Women’s WW577 Walking Shoes?
If you believe that you’ve received an incorrect or a defective product, you may ask for a refund or replacement from New Balance. Just make sure that the shoes are still in unused condition for the refund/replacement policy to be applicable.
New balance women’s WW577 walking shoes have an overall rating of 4 stars out of 5, indicating that the majority of buyers are satisfied with their purchase. However, if we were to rate these shoes, we would give them 3 stars because WW577 walking shoes are missing some very important features such as color options, slip-resistance, weight, etc.
That being said, the quality of the product is good as one would expect from New Balance. The best thing about these shoes is the leather strap for adjustable fitting. In terms of price, this is a mid-range product and should be within the budget of an average buyer.