We can all agree that running is one of the most effective workouts to live a healthy life. It’s convenient, fun, and easy – what else can we ask for? However, it’s equally important to realize that running is only effective if you’re wearing the right pair of running shoes. These shoes are designed to reduce foot stress, allowing you to last longer on the running track.
Considering these factors, it’s always recommended to invest in a pair of high-quality running shoes that will keep you motivated throughout the journey.
Today, we are going to review one of the best-selling running shoes by the top shoe brands in the world. The name of this brand is Brooks and the shoes we will review are known as Revel 4.
Let’s go through some of the basic specs of Brooks Revel 4 shoes.
Overview – Brooke’s Revel 4
These shoes come in 5 different colors and the materials used for manufacturing Brooks Revel 4 consist of breathable mesh and synthetic rubber for soles. These shoes offer lace-up closure that will ensure the perfect fit and enhance the overall grip while running. In terms of weight, these are some of the lightest running shoes in the market and this feature would make the run more effective and fun. These shoes also contain a thick layer of foam beneath the footbed and it provides springy push while running.
Brooks Revel 4 is excellent in terms of design. Not only is it modernistic from the outside, but the insides are wide enough to accommodate any type of feet. So, there’s nothing to worry about if you have wide feet because Brooks Revel 4 has got you covered.
Now it’s time to move forward to the next section where we will discuss some pros and cons of Brooks Revel 4 shoes.
Pros and Cons
- Trusted brand: Brooks is an American shoe company that started in 1914. That right, they have been in the shoe business for over 100 years. No wonder they are recognized as one of the best shoe companies in the world. Their products are loved by millions of users around the globe and they are known for their high-quality items.
- Refund policy: Unlike many other shoe brands, Brooks products are easily refundable. Just make sure that the shoes are still in unused condition. Moreover, some vendors may require additional fees to refund the product. It’s best to discuss these details with the seller beforehand.
- Breathable design: Brooks Revel 4 shoes consist of breathable fabric. This prevents your feet from getting sweaty and prevents other common problems such as burning feet and odor.
- Washable: Ran on a muddy track? Don’t worry because Brooks has got you covered. Just give your shoes a quick wash and they will be as good as new. The fabric allows them to be water-washed.
- Lightweight: Each shoe weighs roughly 0.55 pounds. This translates into an overall weight of 1.1 pounds. This is almost 30% less than the average weight of running shoes which is 1.6 pounds. This feature would enhance your grip and will make the run more smooth and effective.
- Expensive: These shoes start with a price tag of $95 which is a lot more than what most buyers are willing to spend. Brooks revel 4 may not be the best option if you’re on a budget and worried about spending a bank.
- Not suitable for professional runners: Despite their price, these shoes aren’t a suitable option for professional runners because they are missing out on some very important features such as shock absorption, slip resistance, and durability.
- No shock absorption: The shock absorption feature is always needed if you seriously want to consider running daily. Without shock absorption, there’s always a risk of foot strain and poor performance.
- Not very durable: Some buyers complained that these shoes aren’t as durable as they expected them to be. The upper layer of fabric tore off in just a few months of use.
- Not slip-resistant: It’s recommended that you don’t wear these shoes on tiled or other slippery surfaces. Since these shoes aren’t slip-resistant, there’s always a risk of getting an injury.
- Limited sizes: Since these shoes are only designed for adults, they come in only 5 sizes. This is a big turn-off for buyers with small feet.
- Limited colors: Unlike other running shoes by Brooks, Revel 4 only comes in 4 colors. These aren’t for you if you’re looking for a wide range of color options to choose from.
- Poor customer support: Some buyers complained that it’s almost impossible to get hold of someone from customer support. Some even mentioned that it took days or even weeks to receive responses to their queries. It can be frustrating for buyers who receive an incorrect or defective item and are willing to get a refund or order replacement.
Frequently asked questions
Q. How much do these shoes weigh?
The total weight (for a pair) is 1.1 pounds. This is less than the average weight of running shoes.
Q. Are these shoes suitable for hiking?
No, these shoes are not designed for hiking. It’s only suitable for neutral runners.
Q. Where are these shoes made?
The shoe upper is made up of synthetic fabric which is breathable and suitable for water wash, while the soles are made up of synthetic rubber.
Verdict – Should you buy Brooke’s Revel 4?
Well, it depends upon who you ask. If you’re already a fan of Brooks, you should buy these without any questions asked. However, if you’re just looking for standard running shoes with affordable rates, then Brooks Revel 4 may not be the best option for you. There’s no doubt that these are high-quality shoes, but it’s missing out on some important features. The sales page indicates an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. This means that the majority of buyers were satisfied with their purchases.