Choosing the perfect work shoes is usually a very daunting task. You need to keep in mind a long list of factors such as price, comfortability, durability, color, etc. Some work shoes that may fulfill some of those factors may lack other necessary features. Compromising on any factor that may seem unimportant at first, is not necessarily a solution and it’s always recommended that you do your research before selecting a pair of work shoes.
If you’re looking for something that perfectly matches your formal dressing style, look no further because in this article we’re going to introduce one of the best-selling formal shoes for women by a very reputable brand. We are talking about Winona Loafers by Dansko. These loafers have tons of positive reviews by the customers and come highly recommended.
For those who don’t know, Dansko has been in the shoe industry for over 3 decades and it has served millions of customers from all around the globe. The company is known for its high-quality products that are available at a fraction of the price compared to what other brands offer.
Let’s discuss some of the most prominent features of Dansko women’s Winona loafer flats.
Dansko women’s Winona loafer flats come in 5 different colors and the materials used for manufacturing these shoes include leather and synthetic rubber.
One of the worst things about work shoes is that they often get very suffocating, leading to excessive sweating and eventually resulting in odor. However, we bet that you will have no complaints on this topic because these loafers are integrated with moisture control technology.
Dansko also made sure that the shoes are lightweight so that they could be worn for hours without tiring the feet.
Now that we’ve highlighted the features of these loafers, it’s time to outline their pros and cons.
Pros and Cons
Here’s the list of all the positive factors about these shoes.
- Leather upper: If you’re someone who prefers leather products, then Dansko Women’s Winona Loafer flats are for you. It consists of a leather upper and synthetic rubber sole. The leather enhances the durability of these flats.
- Multiple sizes: Since these flats are mostly used by adults for the work environment, these come in 8 different sizes. We understand that you may not be able to find very small sizes (for kids) but the sizes that Dansko offers for these flats should cover the majority of adults.
- Multiple colors: These flats come in 5 different sizes. If you are someone who likes picking out their preferred item from a wide range of colors, you might want to try Dansko women’s Winona loafer flats.
- Suitable for work: As we’ve already mentioned that these flats are specifically designed to match the needs of working women. The design and color should go along with the majority of formal dressing styles.
- Moist control: These fabrics used on the footbed prevent moisture and will help to keep your feet dry. This further eliminates issues such as burning toes and excess sweating.
- Odor control: Since these flats can help limit sweat, this also reduces the chances of odor. If you’ve ever experienced this issue, you must know how embarrassing it can get. Well, from now onwards, Dansko has got you covered and you won’t have to go through that trouble ever again.
- Lightweight: As mentioned on the sales page, each shoe weighs roughly 9 ounces or 0.56 pounds. This translates into 1.1 pounds for a pair. This is a lot less than the average weight of flats, which is around 1.6 pounds.
- Durable: These flats consist of high-quality materials that increase the overall durability of the product and make them long-lasting.
Here’s the list of all the negative factors about these shoes.
- Not washable: Since the upper is made up of leather, it’s not a good idea to water-wash these flats. Instead, you can use any standard shoe polish for cleaning Dansko Women’s Winona Loafer flats.
- Not slip resistant: Unlike other flats, these aren’t slip-resistant. If you’re buying these flats for work, you might want to be careful about walking on tiled or other slippery surfaces.
- Expensive: These flats are one of the higher-end options in the market. If you explore other shoe brands, you might be able to buy flats with the same set of features and quality for a lesser price.
- Shades of black: Although these flats come in 5 different colors, all those colors are just different shades of black and gray. This is probably a turn-off for buyers who prefer other fancy colors.
- No refund policy: Since the sales page doesn’t contain any info regarding refund or replacement, it’s safe to say that they don’t offer a refund policy. Things may get messy for the buyers if they receive an incorrect size or a defective item.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Are these shoes suitable for flat feet?
Some buyers complained that Dansko Women’s Winona Loafer flats are not suitable for flat feet and maybe uncomfortable (or even painful) to wear for long periods.
Q. Where are Dansko Women’s Winona Loafer flats made?
Although Dansko is located in the US, their manufacturing center is based in China. Thus, these flats are also manufactured in China
Verdict – Should you buy Dansko Women’s Winona Loafer Flats?
The sales page indicates an average rating of 4 stars out of 5. However, if we were to rate these shoes, we would give them 3 stars. Despite being expensive, these flats don’t come with any sort of refund or replacement policy. Moreover, it’s also missing out on some important features such as slip resistance. If you browse through the internet, you should be able to find the same set of features for a fraction of this price.
That being said, we can still agree that these shoes consist of excellent quality and don’t compromise on comfortability. If your job requires you to stand on your feet for hours, we believe that there can’t be anything better than Dansko women’s Winona loafer flats.