Fitness is not about adding a workout plan into your routine. It’s a completely different lifestyle that you need to adopt and stick to. Most of us are too concerned about our diet and workout plan that we miss out on some other important things that indirectly contribute to our fitness goals. One such thing is the shoes that we wear during our morning jog.
It’s true that shoes don’t directly contribute to our fitness but let’s think of it this way. The more we work out, the better results we get, and shoes are probably one of the most important items that allow us to last longer while jogging or running.
That being said, it’s equally important to choose your shoes wisely. Something durable, comfortable, high-quality, and long-lasting.
In this article, we’ll be discussing the best-selling shoes from one of the best shoe brands in the world. These are called Launch 6 shoes by Brooks. Let’s take a quick look into some of its prominent features.
Launch 6 comes in 13 different colors and the materials used for manufacturing these shoes include breathable fabric for the upper and synthetic rubber for the soles.
As the company claims, these are an ideal option for neutral runners because Launch 6 is packed with all the necessary features that you’ll ever need. For instance, the footbed consists of a springy cushion to make your running experience smoother and effective. The lightweight will always ensure that you keep your momentum and don’t get tired very easily.
In addition to this, the breathable fabric would prevent common issues such as burning feet and excessive sweating. This would further help in reducing sweat-related issues such as odor.
Now that we’ve discussed the basic specs of Brooks women’s launch 6, it’s time to go through its pros and cons.
Pros and Cons
- Trusted brand: Brooks is an American shoe company that started in 1914. That right, they have been in the shoe business for over 100 years. No wonder they are recognized as one of the best shoe companies in the world. Their products are loved by millions of users around the globe and they are known for their high-quality items.
- Multiple sizes: These shoes come in 16 different sizes, covering almost all foot types and age groups. Now you don’t have to worry about not finding the perfect fit for your toes.
- Very lightweight: As mentioned on the sales page, the total weight for a pair is roughly 1.15 pounds. This is less than the average weight of running shoes which is 1.6 pounds. This feature allows you to run smoothly and more effectively.
- Multiple colors: Brooks women’s launch 6 comes in 13 different colors. Now you can pick the shoes that go well with your dress color.
- Refund policy: Unlike many other shoe brands, Brooks products are easily refundable. Just make sure that the shoes are still in unused condition. Moreover, some vendors may require additional fees to refund the product. It’s best to discuss these details with the seller beforehand.
- Springy cushioning: The footbed consists of a springy cushion that keeps your feet comfortable and reduces stress while jogging or running.
- No shock absorption: Shock absorption reduces the risk of foot strain and keeps your heels comfortable while running or jumping. Unfortunately Women’s launch 6 is missing out on this important feature.
- Not slip resistant: Some buyers complained that the shoes consist of non-slip-resistant soles. These shoes may not be your best option if you are planning to run or jog on a slippery or wet track.
- Not washable: The fabric used for manufacturing Brooks women’s launch 6 is not suitable for a water wash. This may deteriorate the quality of shoes.
- Very expensive: These shoes start with the price tag of $60 and go as high as $260, making them one of the most expensive shoes from Brooks. These shoes may not be a suitable option if you’re on a budget.
- Poor customer support: Some buyers complained that it’s almost impossible to get hold of someone from customer support. Some even mentioned that it took days or even weeks to receive responses to their queries. It can be frustrating for buyers who receive an incorrect or defective item and are willing to get a refund or order replacement.
- Not suitable for professional runners: These shoes are not recommended to be used for professional running as they are missing out on some important features such as slip resistance and shock absorption.
Frequently asked questions
Q. How much do these shoes weigh?
As mentioned on the sales page, the pair of Brooks women’s launch 6 weighs roughly 1.15 pounds. This is less than the average weight of running shoes which is around 1.6 pounds.
Q. Are these shoes suitable for hiking?
Since these shoes are missing out on some very important features that are required for hiking such as slip-resistance, durability, shock absorption, etc, these may not be a good option to use for hiking.
Q. Where are these shoes made?
Although Brooks is an American company, its manufacturing center is located in China, where most of Brooks shoes (including women’s launch 6) are made.
Verdict – Should you buy Brooks Women’s Launch 6 shoes?
These shoes have an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5, indicating that the majority of buyers are satisfied with their purchase. However, we believe that the price of the product is not justified and despite missing out on some very important features like shock absorption, slip resistance, etc, these are one of the most expensive shoes in the market. If we were to rate these shoes, we would give them 3.5 stars out of 5. That being said, it’s also a high-quality product as one would expect from Brooks and some buyers may find it a suitable option for this reason alone. Good luck!