Adding a few minutes of morning run into your daily routine is an excellent way of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. However, not everyone is persistent and dedicated enough to follow this routine for a long period. Although unintentionally, one of the most common reasons why people eventually give up on this is due to their poor choice of footwear.
Runners need to be well-equipped and comfortable with their surroundings to continue this practice for a prolonged period and this is why we would like to highlight the importance of good quality running shoes.
When we talk about running shoes, there are only a handful of brands that come into our minds. One of those brands is Brooks, which has been in the shoe business for over a century. Brooks shoes are trusted by millions of people from all over the world and they are known for their quality.
In this article, we’ll be discussing one of the best-selling running shoes by Brooks known as Ghost 12.
Let’s go through some of the most prominent features of Brooks women’s Ghost 12 running shoes.
Overview – Brooks Women’s Ghost 12 Running Shoes
These shoes come in 20 different colors, making them suitable for any dress color or type. In terms of quality, these are made up of mesh fabric and rubber soles, making them more durable and ensuring longevity.
Moving on to its weight, these shoes weigh almost half the weight of normal running shoes. This means that your morning run will be much smoother and more effective.
In terms of fitting, we would like to mention that you’ll have no complaints on this subject because Ghost 12 shoes are designed using 3D printing technology that’s guaranteed to provide you a perfect fit.
Now that we’ve provided you with an overview of these shoes, It’s time to discuss some of their pros and cons.
Pros and Cons
- Trusted brand: Brooks is an American shoe company that started in 1914. That right, they have been in the shoe business for over 100 years. No wonder they are recognized as one of the best shoe companies in the world. Their products are loved by millions of users around the globe and they are known for their high-quality items.
- Refund policy: Got the wrong size? Brooks has got you covered. You can easily ask for a refund or replacement of items in case you got the wrong or damaged product. Just make sure that the product is still in unused condition. Moreover, some vendors may require additional fees for issuing the refund. It’s best to get in touch with the seller and discuss these details before placing the order.
- Multiple colors: These shoes come in 22 different colors and are an ideal option for those women who like having a wide range of color options to choose from.
- Multiple sizes: Brooks Women’s Ghost 12 Running Shoe comes in 31 different sizes, covering most types of feet and age groups.
- Wide toe box: These shoes offer a wide toe box. This prevents any sort of discomfort at the front end of your feet and will allow you to easily move and bend your toes.
- No odor control: Since the fabric used for manufacturing these shoes isn’t breathable, some buyers complained that it results in excess sweating and ultimately leads to odor.
- Not durable: Some buyers complained that these shoes aren’t as durable as they are supposed to be. Just after a couple of months of use, the soles peeled off.
- Not washable: The shoe fabric isn’t suitable for water-wash as it may deteriorate the quality of the product.
- Not slip resistant: Although the brand claims that these shoes are slip-resistant, some buyers complained that they aren’t. Using these shoes to run on a wet or slippery track may cause an injury.
- Not suitable for professional runners: Despite being one of the most expensive running shoes in the market, Brooks women’s Ghost 12 running shoes are not suitable for professional runners as these shoes are missing out on some very important features such as durability and slip-resistance. These shoes are an option only if you’re a neutral runner.
- Expensive: The price of the product is probably one of the biggest factors for many buyers. Brooks women’s Ghost 12 running shoes may not be an ideal option for you if you’re on a limited budget. Moreover, if you browse through the internet, you may also be able to find other shoes with the same set of features and quality for a fraction of this price.
- Poor customer support: It’s a shame that Brooks being such a reputable brand has poor customer support. Some buyers complained that it takes ages to receive updates on their queries and this is extremely frustrating if you’re trying to ask for a refund or replacement.
Frequently asked questions
Q. How much do these shoes weigh?
As mentioned on the sales page, the weight of both pairs is roughly 1.2 pounds. This is less than the average weight of running shoes which is around 1.6 pounds.
Q. Are these shoes suitable for hiking?
No. These shoes are missing out on some important features that are required for hiking. Some of these features are durability and slip resistance. It’s recommended that you don’t use Brooks women’s Ghost 12 running shoes for hiking.
Q. Where are these shoes made?
These shoes are made up of synthetic fabric upper and rubber soles.
Verdict – Should you buy Brooks Women’s Ghost 12 Running Shoes?
The sales page mentions an overall rating of 4.5 stars out of 5, indicating that the majority of buyers were satisfied with their purchase. However, we must point out that these shoes are missing out on some very important features which you can easily find in other running shoes by Brooks for a lesser price. Thus, we believe that the shoes are a bit overpriced. If we were to rate these shoes, we would give them 3.5 stars out of 5. Good luck!