You know the drill. You’ve got a pair of Crocs, and they’re just not fitting anymore. But you don’t want to throw them out prematurely because maybe they’ll fit in a few months! Why not just stretch them? It’s an easy solution that doesn’t require throwing away your shoes or spending money on new ones. Let’s first explore the various reasons why people want to stretch out Crocs, and finally, how do you stretch out Crocs?
Reasons for stretching out Crocs
Crocs have been around for a while, and people seem to either love them or hate them. Some people think they are the most comfortable shoes in the world, while others find them hideous. No matter what you think of Crocs, there are 3 reasons you may want to stretch them out before wearing them.
1. They are new and stiff
New Crocs may be a bit stiff, depending on the quality of the material they are made from. You might want to stretch them out before wearing them, so they are more comfortable.
2. Feet swell during the day
People whose feet tend to swell up should stretch them out before wearing them as they may not fit properly otherwise.
3. They are too small
Stretching out your Crocs will help them fit better if they are a bit too small for you. If they’re just a little bit too large, wearing them around for a few hours at a time during the day will help stretch them out.
Techniques to stretch out Crocs
1. Using a rubber band to stretch the plastic that covers your toes – To do this, you can take a rubber band and loop it around one of your toes and then loop the other end around the Croc’s toe hole while grabbing onto the looped side with both hands. In order for this technique to be effective, you must have really tight bands.
2. Put Vaseline on the inside – Once again, this is only an option if you have enough Vaseline to go around! You basically get it everywhere on the inside of your Crocs so that there’s a nice coat on the insides. Then wear them for about 10 minutes and voila…more room!
3. Inserting cotton balls into the toes – The first step is to cram as many cotton balls into your Crocs as possible. You can use a funnel and tube of superglue for the more adventurous to get all of those pesky little balls in there! After that, just wear them for a couple of hours, and they will stretch out perfectly.
4. Withstanding extreme heat – This is probably the most dangerous of all the methods before you, which can be extremely dangerous if not done properly. For this, you need to use either a hairdryer or a heating pad on the highest setting. Then hold the Crocs over it for about 10 minutes and wait…but don’t let them melt! Once they are good and warm, stick them on your feet, and the plastic should expand ever so slightly.
5. Using a sewing machine – This is ideal for really thin Crocs. You can buy a sewing pattern online or from a fabric store which you then print out and use to cut the excess fabric out. Then take a sewing machine and stitch along where you cut, starting at the top and going all the way down. The more stitches, the better!
6. Using a lighter – This is probably one of the easiest ways to stretch out Crocs if you don’t have any heat sources at home. All you need is a lighter and some propane in order to heat up the plastic, so it expands. Start off by using a really low setting on your lighter, or you might end up burning them!
7. Running them through the washing machine – This is probably one of the least popular ways to stretch out Crocs, but it does work if done properly. You basically just take them off and put them in the washer on a normal cycle. Make sure that you do not use any detergent or dryer sheets, as this will cause problems with your Crocs!
8. Using an iron – This is extremely dangerous if done incorrectly, but it does work every single time if you go about it slowly and cautiously. You basically take some paper towels and place them on the ironing board before putting your Crocs down. Then grab iron and press it down on the Croc for about 10 seconds, making sure not to burn yourself in the process! After that, remove it quickly but carefully (if you’re feeling crazy), then put it back on your foot! You should notice some immediate changes in the size of your Crocs which will make more room for your feet.
9. Using a blow dryer on high heat – Similar to number 5, this is probably one of the most dangerous ways to stretch out Crocs, but it does work if done properly. You basically take some paper towels and place them on the ironing board before putting your Crocs down. Then grab a blow dryer and hold it to the inside of your Croc for 10 minutes or until they are warm. The heat should expand the plastic slightly, making more room for your feet!
10. Putting them in a pan of boiling water – This is one of the easiest ways to stretch out Crocs, but it’s also incredibly dangerous if done incorrectly. You basically just take off your Crocs and put them into a pot of water that has been brought to a boil on the stove. Make sure that the Crocs are underwater and that they don’t touch any of the stove elements before putting them in! You should notice some immediate changes in the size of your Crocs which will make more room for your feet.
11. Using a heat gun – This is probably one of the safest ways to stretch out Crocs, although it does take a while. You basically just turn on a heat gun and place it inside of your Croc for about 15 minutes. The plastic will expand slightly, making more room for your feet!
12. Baking them in the oven – This is another dangerous method, but if done properly should work well. You basically just turn on your oven to 350 degrees before putting your Crocs inside. Make sure that they are closed, and then bake them for 5 minutes or until the Croc is warm to touch. You should notice some immediate changes in the size of your Crocs which will make more room for your feet!